Dad’s Treasure Box
Unfinished wood box
Piece of paper
Scrapbooking adhesive label packet
Rub on transfers
1 yd chocolate ribbon
- Following directions on the can, spray the box in 2 light layers of Mineral Blue color. Let dry between coats.
- Sand painted surface with a piece of paper (scratch paper or paper bag). Wipe surface clean. This make a nice final sand for presanded wood. Apply another coat of Mineral Blue. Let dry.
- Topcoat box with Clear Finish Matte to enhance the color and add protection. If impurities get caught in the finish while spraying, sand again with a piece of paper as mentioned above and apply a final coat. Let dry.
- Glue one end of ribbon to the center front of box. Wrap ribbon tightly around box and glue the loose end on top of the other. With a small length of ribbon and beginning in its center, tie a series of square knots the width of the ribbon. Glue the knots over the ribbon seam. Roll under the ribbon tails for a clean finish and glue in place.
- Apply scrapbooking labels and transfers in desired locations.
Project Tip: Share this craft with the kids. Prepare the painted box ahead of time then allow their creativity to decorate!