Holiday Hobnail Jars
Vintage like clear glass gets up-styled in sheer colors for a modern rustic holiday. Super quick & easy decorating!
Design Master 531 Strawberry
Design Master 534 Chartruese
2 Hobnail hanging jars
Wood letters to spell JOY
3 stems Artificial ilex branches
2 stems Artificial variegated holly
1 stem Artificial cedar
1 Column candle
Double stick adhesive
1. With soap and water, wash the exterior of the jars to remove any mold release residue or dirt from surface. Remove hangers.
2. Protect the spray area from overspray with newspaper or drop cloth.
3. Starting at the base, evenly spray the selected TintIT color all around the jar. Move up the jar as each band of color is applied. Leave an area unsprayed at the top, as shown. Let dry. Apply 1-2 more coats to deepen the color, each time not going as far up the jar. Let dry between coats.
4. Reattach hangers and arrange jars with holiday greenery or candles.
5. To stain the wood letters, closely apply TintIT Chartruese to wet the wood surface. Immediately wipe the color into the wood. This accentuates the wood grain. Can repeat the process over any area if needed. Be sure to apply to the sides as well. Then, spraying from 12” away lightly apply another coat to even out the color. Each additional coat of TintIT will deepen the color. Apply as many needed to create the color desired.
6. When dry attach double-stick tape on backside of letters to hang.
SPRAY TIP: Metal bird figures are misted with Strawberry TintIT creating a complimenting red metallic finish.
After the holidays, the color finish can be removed from the glass with Mess Master or a solvent cleaner. Choose a new color for the next season!