A Simple Paint Technique – Create a Trend Verdigris Finish – Great for Restyling Accessories.
Fine grade sand paper
Water misting bottle
- Protect area from overspray with newspaper.
- Remove the glass and backing from the frame. Lightly sand the surface if slick. Ensure frame is clean.
- Base coat the frame with Copper by spraying approx. 12″ from the surface, using parallel, back and forth strokes. Apply 2 light coats, let dry between coats.
- From about 15″ away, mist frame surface with water. Note: Different amounts of water will produce various sized water droplets thus different effects.
- At random, spray Robin’s Egg over water droplets. Dab or lightly wipe off moisture with a paper towel.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 twice using Hunter Green then Flat Black.
- If the finish looks too uniform, repeat the mist-spray-dab process on areas with selected color.
- If desired, apply a protective topcoat of Clear Finish Matte for added durability.