Colorful Mason Jars in an Instant
Add Bright Sheer Color to Mason Jars
Design Master Clear Finish Matte
Wire, Wire Cutters, Needle-nose Pliers and Power Drill to fashion hanger
1. Make sure jar is clean and dry before spraying.
2. Apply your choice of TintIT color in even, parallel strokes to the exterior of the jar. Spray 2 light coats, let dry between coats. SPRAY TIP: The sheer color will intensify or deepen with each additional coats applied. You choose its color value (how light or dark you want it to be).
3. Apply 2 light coats of Clear Finish Matte in the same manner to add durability and protection.
4. To create the metal hangers, cut a piece of wire 1.5 times the diameter of the jar lip. Using the needle-nose plier create a loop at one end of the wire. Place wire around the jar to locate a halfway point then fashion another loop. Bend the loose end at a point to snuggly fit over the wire at the looped end.
5. Slip the end over the looped wire end to secure in place. Snip excess.
6. Cut two lengths of wire about 20″ or desired length. Insert end into a drill and lock in place. Have someone hold the other end or insert into a vise grip.
7. Turn on drill to rotate wires into a thicker twisted wire.
8. Insert one end of the twisted wire into a loop of the wire collar, bend wire to secure in loop. Massage the wire into a ‘U’ then insert the loose end into the other loop. Cut the wire to desired length and bend to secure in place.
SPRAY TIP: Use a damp cloth to clean the exterior of sprayed jar. Do not put in dishwasher or soak in water.