Stars and Stripes Tote
It’s heating up! Are you carting goodies to the beach, pool or cookout this summer? Don’t grab just any tote. Honor your summer independence with this festive bag. It’s easy to make in a jiffy and will keep you stylin’ through Labor Day!
by Shannon Cosgrove-Rivas
Design Master TintIT 531 Strawberry
Design Master TintIT 536 Sapphire
Design Master COLORTOOL 726 Flat White
Natural rattan tote
Wooden star cutouts
Thin gold wire
Hot glue and glue gun
Fine grit sandpaper
1. Spray the center of the tote in a band of Sapphire. Then spray the top and bottom areas in bands of in Strawberry. Let the tote dry.
2. Spray striped of Flat White above and below the center blue band. Allow to dry.
3. Lightly sand the wood stars to remove rough edges. Spray them with Flat White and let dry.
4. Wrap the star with gold wire in a random pattern.
5. Hot glue the stars to the center blue stripe on the tote.