Paper Flower Embellished Lantern
Paper Lanterns Are Artfully Embellished with Vellum Flowers
by Shannon Cosgrove Rivas
Rice paper lamp
Flower and butterfly paper punches
White vellum paper
Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Punch out flowers, leaves and butterflies from vellum paper.
- Spray the punched shapes with the Just For Flowers colors and Robin’s Egg mixing up the colors and shapes so you have a good variety of each punch to add to your lamp.
- When the flowers, leaves and butterflies have dried, give them a little bit of depth by using an embossing tool and tracing lines into the punch.
- Start gluing the cut outs to the lantern. Layer the elements as you go to achieve a full and texturally interesting garland of punches running down the front of the lantern.
- Glue the flat-backed rhinestones to the center of the flowers that are attached to the lantern.