Party Time Decor
Celebrations become more festive with easy to make decorations.
by Shannon Cosgrove-Rivas
Wood pennants, as many needed for desired length
Antique like buttons or brooches
Glue gun and glue sticks
Text book pages
- Wash exterior of bottles with soap and water. Let dry.
- Apply light coats of Tiger Lily. Let dry between coats. Each additional coat will darken the color. Can deepen color near the base to create an ombre look.
- Accent with ribbon ties if desired.
- On each wood pennant, spray the surface closely and heavily with Fresh Green. Immediately wipe the color into the wood grain.
- Spraying about 12”-15“ from the pennant apply a light coat of Fresh Green to even the color or if desired, deepen it. Let dry.
- Cut book pages into 1.5”-2” wide strips. Fold pages back and forth creating accordion pleats. Fan strips into a medallion and glue edges together. Blend medallions with a mist of Fresh Green.
- Decorate the medallions with a button glued in the center and tinsel cording around the perimeter. Glue the medallions to the wood pennants and string together with ribbon.