Fun Ornaments to Create With Kids.
Styrofoam Brand Foam balls
Various sizes, 3″ & 4″ shown here
Chenille stems – red & green
White pearl headed pins
1 bolt ½” holiday ribbon
- Insert the tip of a chenille stem into the Styrofoam balls. Hold onto this while spraying on color.
- Holding the can 15″ from the Styrofoam ball spray with Brilliant Gold. Rotate the ball to spray the whole surface. Apply two light coats. Let dry.
- Discard the original chenille stem. Insert a fresh one into the same hole then wrap around the ball. At the end, bend the stem down and insert into the Styrofoam.
- Insert another chenille stem at the end of the first one. Wrap it around the ball, laying it next to the first stem and insert its end into the ball.
- Repeat this process in a desired pattern, overlapping stems and colors. Cut some stems into smaller pieces if desired.
- Insert pearl pins into random joints of the chenille stems.
- Cut an 8″ piece of ribbon, fold it in half then secure ½” from the ends to the ball with 1 or 2 pearl pins.