Stay true to the Red, White and Blue! Giving new materials a time-honored appeal creates a fresh tradition for celebrating our states or memorializing our heroes. A great accent for americana decor too!
by Shannon Cosgrove-Rivas
Design Master TintIT 538 Sepia
Design Master TintIT 536 Sapphire
Design Master Premium Metal 240 24KT Pure Gold
Dried natural wheat
Dried protea pods
Red berry silk flower spray
Red hydrangea silk flower
Blue dogwood silk flower
Blue thistle silk flower
Blue hanging amaranthus silk flower
3 American flags
Hot glue and glue gun
1. Antique the bright flags with a misting spray of Sepia. Additional coats of the color will deepen the antiqued color. You can choose how deep to take the color. Let dry.
2. The blue silk flowers used in the photo were originally pale blue. Their color was intensified by spraying with Sapphire. Additional coats will darken the color too.
3. Spray the dried protea pods with 24KT Pure Gold.
4. Cluster and bind the wheat to make a sheath. Trim the stems accordingly.
5. Clip the blossoms and pods from their long stems. Arrange and glue them in place.
6. Insert the flags. Glue the fabric in place to hold their wave-in-the-wind appearance.
7. Hang in your favorite spot!