Nov 18 2010
I Heart Santa
Easy to Make Holiday Plaque or Large Ornament For the Santa Lover
Design Master Brilliant Gold 731
1 pkg 1″ Styrofoam Brand Foam balls
1 6x12x1 Styrofoam Brand Foam block
1 6×1 Styrofoam Brand Foam heart
1 yd 1 ½” black velvet ribbon
Self adhesive rhinestones
1 wood letter ‘I’
- On a protected surface spray the Styrofoam block and heart with Holiday Red. Hold the can 15″ from the Styrofoam and spray in even parallel strokes. Apply 3 light coats to all sides and let dry between coats.
- Spray wood ‘I’ with Brilliant Gold. When dry glue it to heart as shown.
- Cut 1″ Styrofoam balls in half. Arrange as shown and glue in place.
- Glue the heart in place. If desired for additional support, stick straight pins through the backside of block and into overlapping heart.
- Wrap velvet ribbon around center of block. Overlap ribbon on back and glue in place.
- Adhere rhinestones to ribbon to create Santa’s belt buckle.