Wood Veneer Wrapped Candle
Wood Veneer Trims Column Candles in Colorful Wood Grains
by Shannon Cosgrove Rivas
Battery Operated Column Candle
Sheet of Wood Veneer
Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
1. Form a loose ball of the cotton string. Spray the string with Robin’s Egg and then allow it to dry. Untangle the string and reform it again into a new ball. Tint the ball of string with Mango and then allow it to dry.
2. Lightly tint feather with Mango.
3. Stain the wood veneer sheet by evenly spraying TintIT Mango. Apply an additional coat or two to deepen the color.
4. When the veneer is dry, measure the width you will need by placing the candle on its side and marking the wrong side of the veneer. Trim veneer with utility knife.
5. Wrap the candle in the veneer and glue it in place.
6. Hot glue the end of the painted string to the middle area of the candle. Wrap the painted string around the candle several times and glue the other end into place.
7. Hot glue the feather to the painted string. The second pillar is created in a similar manner using Chartreuse TintIT on veneer scraps and cotton string.