The classic della robbia style has graced autumn and winter celebrations for centuries! I wonder if the 14th century Florentine sculptor, Lucca della Robbia, grasped the magnitude of his influence when he inspired the natural design theme. Adding shimmering metallic accents to the rustic elements push the style into a modern country vibe. This thankful bouquet could easily transition from one winter holiday to the next.
Styrofoam™ brand foam to fill basket
Variety of artificial fruits (grapes, oranges, pears)
Permanent foliages – variegated holly and spruce boughs
Small red millimeter balls (colored glass balls)
Purple, burgundy and bronze medium sized millimeter balls
Hot glue/gun or pan glue
Small piece of cellophane
1. Apply one coat of 24KT Pure Gold to basket. Spray Mess Master into a tight clump of paper towel then wipe over raised areas of the basket to remove gold and reveal the underlying natural color. (use latex gloves to protect hands while wiping off color.)
2. Cut Styrofoam to fit basket.
3. Add burnished gold highlights to holly leaves: spray 24KT Pure Gold onto crumpled cellophane then wipe onto holly. Let dry.
4. Prep design elements: clip spruce and holly into sections. Insert wood picks into fruit. And, glue wood pick into medium millimeter balls.
5. Arrange items in a mounded fashion as shown and secure with glue.